Simply put, Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) is the study of the structure of human experience and it provides useful attitudes, skills and techniques which can be used to live a happy, productive and fulfilling life. A fundamental paradigm prevalent in NLP is that genuine learning happens through experience.
refers to the way your brain and neurology process information and how you take in your experience of the world through your senses: Visual, Auditory, Kinesthetic, Olfactory and Gustatory.
refers to how you structure and communicate your experience of life through your verbal and non verbal communication.
refers to the your habitual ways of thinking, acting and being in the world.
Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) is the Art and Science of Human Excellence: excellence in behavior, excellence in communication and excellence in Life. NLP was co-created in the 1970s by two brilliant men, Richard Bandler (a computer programmer and physicist) and John Grinder (a linguist). They started by modelling excellence in communication in three very effective human-change workers of the time: Virginia Satir, Fritz perlz and Milton H Erickson. Ever since then, the field of NLP has grown in scope and application in areas as diverse as Business, Marketing, Sales, Sport, Health, Wellness, Performance, Leadership, Strategy etc. Richard Bandler defines NLP as an attitude, based on a methodology which leaves behind a trail of techniques.
The attitude of NLP is an attitude of Curiosity —curiosity about excellence, curiosity to learn more and be more.
The NLP attitude is best reflected by the Presuppositions or Principles of NLP:
- The Map is not the Territory
- People work perfectly
- People make the best choice available at any given time
- People have all the resources they need
- The meaning of your communication is the response you get
- You cannot not communicate
- People are not their behaviors
- Underlying every behavior there is a positive intention. And the behavior is useful in some context at some time
- There is no such thing as failure, only feedback and Learning
- The Mind and body are parts of the same system
- If one person can do something, anyone can learn to do it
- The person or element with the most flexibility in a system will have the most influence
These Presuppositions of NLP set a useful context to operate from in the process of personal change, learning and progress.
The methodology of NLP is that of modelling excellence: Learning the relevant skills, structure and styles of excellence from those who are performing extraordinarily in their area of expertise. The techniques in NLP are an ever expanding collection of processes designed to achieve specific behavioral outcomes.
By learning the structures of excellence of various masters (including yourself, in different contexts) we get to develop our own strategies for achieving all the Happiness, Health,Wealth and Success in our life.
How can you
benefit from Learning NLP with us...
NLP allows you to:
and much, much more....